Monday, May 30, 2011

It may be a strange thing to enjoy, but I love it when people try to determine or guess what's physically wrong with me. Today I was deemed "Eisenlos" by my wonderful co-workes, old Mennonite women who don't speak a pint of English. Basically they declared me to be iron deficient and proceeded to tell me that I was unnaturally pale. I was very grateful for their diagnosis as well as their prescription: 100 ml of natural Apple juice, 100 ml of natural orange juice and 100 ml of beet juice all combined. I am supposed to drink this every day. I love my job. The dishwasher has recently broken so we have all had to chip in to wash 100s of dishes a day. Let me tell you, we are a machine. But it is exhausting no matter how well greased we are.

All day the wind whipped and wined and blew the tent up and down like little kids holding a parachute in gym class (parachute day was always my favourite day. Double dutch, quite the opposite). At the end of the day I ran to my car and was literally not in motion as I stretched one leg in front of the other. Twas a powerful gale! Windy days are delightful except that I always get my hair caught in the car door. Speaking of hair, today a chunk of mine got completely intertwined and tangled in the button on my oh so cute floral apron and I had to cut it off with a knife. The jagged ends look is always a winner.

It was a good day and I am full of ideas about how to spend this evening. Time is such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment